4th Annual EPIC Invitational Golf Tournament to Empower Children in the Inland Empire to Be Brave & Be Safe
ONTARIO, CA, USA, March 14, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — MEDIA ADVISORY
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WHAT: The Joyful Child Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to preventing crimes against children through programs that educate, empower, and unite families and communities, is bringing its BRAVE Initiative to the Inland Empire.
The Joyful Child was established after five-year-old Samantha Runnion was abducted and murdered in July of 2002. EPIC Insurance Brokers in Ontario is hosting its 4th Annual EPIC Invitational Golf Tournament on May 16th to benefit The Joyful Child’s BRAVE Initiative to protect and empower children throughout the Inland Empire.
WHO: Erin Runnion, the Founding Director of The Joyful Child and mother of five-year-old Samantha Runnion, will be participating in several events throughout the Inland Empire celebrating Child Abuse Prevention Month in anticipation of the EPIC Invitational in May. The BRAVE Initiative is a community-wide commitment to empowering children with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to safely reach their highest potential.
WHEN: For more information and registration, visit: www.TheJoyfulChild.org Events Calendar
1) Thursday, April 12 (10:00 am – 6:00 pm) – The Joyful Child's BRAVE Ambassador & Instructor Training in Rancho Cucamonga in partnership with the San Bernadino Sheriff's Department. Non-profit and government agencies are invited to participate from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm for Instructor Certification. Parents, teachers, school administrators, and caregivers are encouraged to come from 10:00 am – 11:30 am to hear Erin Runnion present The Joyful Child's Adult Education for Child Protection.
2) Thursday, April 12 (3:30 pm – 5:00 pm) – Children’s BRAVE Workshop for students in Kindergarten – 3rd Grade.
3) Thursday, April 19 (1:00 pm) – Erin Runnion is the afternoon Keynote speaker for the WeTip Annual National Crime Fighting Conference at the Ontario Airport Hotel & Conference Center.
4) Saturday, April 28 (10:00 am – 1:00 pm) – Teen Safety Expo hosted by the City of Perris Youth Advisory Committee.
5) Sunday, April 29 (2:00 pm) – This Valley Can Dance Competition – CASA of SW Riverside in San Jacinto
6) Wednesday, May 16 (8:30 am – 4:00 pm) – 4th Annual EPIC Golf Invitational benefitting The Joyful Child will underwrite the training equipment for the first IE School District to implement the elementary BRAVE Curriculum with ten age-appropriate, empowering safety lessons for Kindergarten – 6th Grade.
To coordinate interviews or for more information, please contact Virginia (“V”) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Joyful Child Foundation’s non-profit Federal Tax ID is 55-0794474. In its fifteen years, The Joyful Child has trained over 500 volunteers and provided abuse and abduction prevention education to tens of thousands of children in southern California. In 2013, The Joyful Child launched its BRAVE Initiative to provide a viable model for safety education that can be replicated anywhere. Currently, four school districts have trained 350 BRAVE Teachers who have collectively taught over 20,000 students the Be Brave – Be Safe comprehensive safety education curriculum in the classroom. Westminster School District is the first to have trained all elementary school teachers to deliver BRAVE as part of their health and physical education.
It takes a community to keep our children safe. #BeBraveBeSafe #TheJoyfulChild
The Joyful Child Foundation – In Memory of Samantha Runnion
email us here
School District Invitational Video
Source: EIN Presswire