Transforming Education with Technology
JOHANNESBURG, GAUTENG, SOUTH AFRICA, May 29, 2018 /EINPresswire.com/ — Sizwe Nxasana, the Founder and CEO of Future Nation Schools and Chairman of the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) will deliver a keynote on “The Future of Education” at the upcoming 3rd edition of the Education Innovation Summit set to take place at the Hilton Hotel in Sandton on 31 May 2018.
The summit is designed to bring together innovation leaders and educators to accelerate innovative thinking in education. It will further provide discussion topics about cutting-edge education technology challenges facing the industry today. Moreover, the summit explores technology innovations that will enhance teaching and learning in the academic institutions.
Sizwe Nxasana was the Chief Executive Officer of the FirstRand Banking Group since 2005 until he retired in September 2015 and prior to joining FirstRand, Nxasana served as Chief Executive Officer of Telkom SA Limited from 1998-2005. He served as National President of the Association for the Advancement of Black Accountants in Southern Africa (ABASA).
He is the Co-Founder and Chairman of the National Education Trust (NECT), Ikusasa Student Financial Aid Programme, FirstRand Foundation, FirstRand Empowerment Foundation and is an Executive Member on the Board of Trustees for the Zenex Foundation.
He holds a Bachelor of Commerce, and was awarded honorary doctorates from the University of Fort Hare, University of Johannesburg, Walter Sisulu University and Durban University of Technology. He holds an Honours in Bachelor of Accounting Science from the University of South Africa, and is a Chartered Accountant. He was one the first 10 African Charted Accountant's in South Africa.
Other speakers will include:
• Professor Edward Kieswetter, President: Da Vinci Institute
• Riaan Van Der Bergh, Technology Manager Education Lead, FEDSAS
• Amasi Mwela, CEO: FUNDI
• Michelle Lissoos, Managing Director: Think Ahead Education Solutions
• Dr. Lucas Moloi, President: Southern African Institute of Quality & Innovation
• Duncan Parsons, General Manager, South Africa: Crimson Education
• Johan De Ru, General Manager at Feenix Trust
• Dr Jacques Mostert, Principal and Vice-Chancellor: Institute of Applied Leadership in Education
• Sean Laval, Innovations and Customer Solutions Executive: SqwidNet
Key Topics at this conference will include:
• How assistive technology is changing special education.
• The role of technology in the "fees must fall" debate: Innovative funding models
• for higher education.
• Change management: administrators and educational technologies – narrowing the divide.
• Fostering creativity by introducing design thinking to the educational process.
• Practical challenges of digital learning: getting the balance right for future-thinking.
• Transforming education: the power of ICT policies.
• Navigating the road blocks to innovation in education.
• Creating an e-learning strategy that works.
To register or exhibit at this conference go to: http://www.educationinnovationsummit.co.za/
[t]: 011 026 0981/2 [e]: firstname.lastname@example.org
IT News Africa
email us here
Source: EIN Presswire