Inspiring coffee table book celebrates the recent lift of travel restrictions between the UK and EU and the US
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM, September 22, 2021 /EINPresswire.com/ — Global travel authority Rough Guides is releasing a new, inspiring book showcasing the most extraordinary places in the US: The Rough Guide to the 100 Best Places in the US is now available for purchase as hard copy in the US and will be in the UK from the 1st October 2021.
The book is part of Rough Guides’ inspirational coffee table series, featuring exhilarating images and is the second of its kind for US travel, following the Rough Guide to the USA's National Parks published in August this year.
The publishing date coincides with the US government’s recent decision to lift travel restrictions for fully vaccinated travelers from the UK and the EU starting early November. The book helps travellers plan exciting US journeys, taking in famous sites as well as discovering new areas and cities.
Organised by region, this stunning photograph collection brings 100 remarkable places to life, from iconic landmarks like the Grand Canyon to up-and-coming areas such as Miami’s Wynwood Art District. Each place is introduced with an inspiring image and a lively, descriptive text, highlighting what makes the place special.
Rough Guides Managing Director Agnieszka Mizak said: "We are excited to reveal these extraordinary places all over the US, as an inspiration for travellers worldwide. The latest government decision to lift travel restrictions for fully-vaccinated travellers from the UK and EU is long awaited great news for the travel industry and at Rough Guides, we’re delighted to support travellers with inspiration and travel advice.”
A selection of the 100 Best Places in the US
– Niagara Falls: the green expanses of the National Park on the American side, especially the leafy environs of Goat Island, allow you to get away from the crowds and feel more connected to the natural splendour of this unique phenomenon.
– Theodore Roosevelt National Park: the park’s smaller North Unit receives only a fraction of the visitors of its counterpart, though it’s arguably more spectacular.
– New Orleans: the city is a bewitching place, where world-class musicians make ends meet busking on street corners and hole-in-the-wall dives dish up gourmet Creole cuisine.
– Valley of Fire State Park: some say that the sun reflecting off the curious rock formations in the Valley of Fire looks like a sea of flame; others that the rocks resemble elephants, spears, beehives and even a huddle of shy sisters. One thing is certain: look closely, and the eroded sandstone outcrops tell many stories.
Also soon to be published is the 13th edition of the Rough Guide to the USA, due for UK release on 15th October and US release on 16th November.
Email press (at) roughguides.com for further information.
Notes to editor:
– Sample pages, cover and logos are available to download here
– Guidebook editor Zara Sekhavati is available for interviews
About Rough Guides
Founded in Singapore in 1970, Apa Publications today is an internationally-staffed company pushing the boundaries of what is expected of a travel publisher and innovating to meet travellers’ needs. With two travel brands, Rough Guides synonymous with practical travel tips and adventurous travellers and Insight Guides with a highly-visual and cultural focus, we’ve been inspiring travellers for over 50 years providing services in three areas: publishing, tailor-made travel and bespoke brand service solutions.
The combined publishing list comprises hundreds of full-colour print guidebooks coming in packages with free eBook downloads to support light packing and responsible travel. The tailor-made trip concept makes the planning of each trip easy and matches all travellers with local experts and their longstanding insider knowledge to make each trip truly special. The bespoke brand services offer solutions to create and deliver bespoke campaigns with access to a wide travel audience.
Whatever a traveller needs are, a solution and a service will be found under one roof of Rough Guides and Insight Guides.
Source: EIN Presswire